Product Explorer explores the knowledge
on product model through hierarchical set up of parts and groups.
Product Explorer allows user
Left span of VCollab Pro 2011 Layout
It contains following four tabs
Product Explorer is the default
||Shows all parts independent of
||Hides visible parts and Shows
||Hides all parts except current
||Seeks for the selected part and
fits the part to the viewpart
||Selects the part by hilighting
its bounding box
|Add to Selection
||Adds to the selection list by
hilighting parts bounding box
||Deselects current selection
||Allows user to add information
to the part selected.
||Allows user to apply any
transformation to the group node. Not applicable for leaf node
or individual part.
||Allows user to apply display
mode to current selection
animation mode. Shows a part per frame as in the product
tree. Click the option again to stop the animation.
to rename the group or part name.
selected part or group of parts from the scene and
to expand the group to levels, All, Level 1, Level 2 and
to collapse the group to levels,
All, Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3.
|Set As Current Dataset
||Sets the selected model as
current data set for all operations.
How to Hide/Show a part?
How to highlight a part?
How to transform a group of parts in
- Load a CAX model which contains more groups of
parts as below.
- Select any group of parts.
- Right click and select Transform option in the
- It pops up Transform dialog.
- Click Translate option
- Use corresponding text boxes or increment-arrow
for X, Y, Z axes direction to translate.
- Click Rotate option
- Enter 1,0,0 in X, Y, Z for rotation about X
- Enter 0,1,0 in X, Y, Z for rotation about Y
- Enter 0,0,1 in X, Y, Z for rotation about Z
- Click increment-arrow near Angle textbox to
- Increase Step value for a quick transform.
- Click Scale option
- Enter scale factor in X, Y, Z text boxes to
scale in corresponding axes X, Y, Z respectively.
How to focus a part or group of parts?
- Select a model in the product tree or in
- Right click and select Focus option to fit the
part to the view port.
How to delete a
part or group of parts?
delete a part or group of parts using product explorer context
- Select a part node or group node in product
tree by clicking on the node.
- Click the node using mouse right button.
- It drops down the context menu.
- Select 'Delete' option.
- It pops up a message dialog box as below.
- Click 'Yes' to assure deletion or
'No' to cancel deletion.
- The part or group of parts will be
deleted from the scene and product tree, if 'Yes' is
User can delete a part but not group
of parts using viewer double click part context menu.
- Select a part by double clicking
with mouse left button on the part of interest.
- It drops down a context menu.
- Select 'Delete' option.
- Select 'Delete Others' option to
delete all parts except the selected one.
- It pops up a message dialog
box as below.
- Click 'Yes' to assure
deletion or 'No' to cancel deletion.
- The part will be deleted
from the scene and product tree, if 'Yes' is
- User can save the remaining parts into CAX.
In other words, deleted parts can not be saved in CAX.
How to utilize CAE switch on/off properties in product explorer?
- User can switch on or off any CAE property
listed in the following table,
||Applies color plot to the Model or
||Shows/Hides the Color Palette.
||Shows/Hides Min and Max values and
its attached IDs in the label.
||Reverses legend palette values.
||Shows/Hides frame information in the
bottom left corner of viewer.
||Applies or Removes deformation.
||Shows /Hides Undeformed mesh.
||Shows/Hides Vector Plot
||Shows/Hides Contour Lines.